For a family to register their child(ren) to attend any class, beginning with the pre-kindergarten class up to the 7th Grade (Regents) class, the minimum stewardship must be paid. The minimum amount required will be $400 for the St. George Community per family. For cases of financial difficulty, the family must contact the President or the Priest of the St. George Community to make alternate arrangements.
For the pre-kindergarten class, the child must be must be four (4) years old by 1 November for the school year beginning that September and also must be under six (6) years old. The child must be toilet-trained. A copy of the child’s birth certificate must be shown prior to registration. Thus, the child must have been born by 1 November four years before the September of that school year so that they may register, otherwise they cannot register for the class that year but may do so next year that they meet the age requirements.
The annual tuition for each student of the Greek School will be as follows, per family: $350 for the first child, $300 for the second child, $250 for the third, and free for the fourth. This tuition is required for each student enrolling in any grade from the pre-Kindergarten Class to the 7th Grade Class (Regents).
Registration for the Greek School and all its classes, and any information requests will be provided by the St. George Community Office. The family may telephone for any such information.
Greek School staff
- Principal: Toula Karamarkos
- Teachers: Sofia Amaxopoulos, Katerina Kourti, Chrisoula Plias, Katerina Makridaki-Rompos
- Director of Greek School: Panos Georgopoulos
Donations of the following types of materials are needed and welcomed from the St. George Community for our Greek School’s pre-Kindergarten classes:
- Toy musical instruments
- Map of Greece and Cyprus
- A chart of the alphabet in Greek letters with numbers in Greek
- Charts with shapes, colors, the weather, and seasons and their names in Greek
- Markers with washable ink
- Paint brushes
- Washable paints
- Papers for painting
- Construction paper of different colors
- Pencils for coloring and writing
- Miniature theatre with dolls
- Hula hoops
- CDs with Greek children’s songs and stories
- General interest books (for example, history and geography) with pictures
- General interest books with Greek text