Ladies of Philoptohos Society - St. Barbara #1033
"Get to Know Us"
With this Web Page, we hope that you will not only “get to know us” but you will also “come and join us”. We are The Ladies Philoptochos Society ‘St. Barbara’ of the St. George Greek Orthodox Church in Piscataway, NJ. We bring the ladies of our community together–our membership presently numbers 181. As a philanthropic organization, we are available to assist anyone in need. A dedicated and vibrant group of ladies, we are very active throughout the year. The following are some of the many programs that keep us busy:
- National and Diocese Philoptochos: Along with our per capita remittance mailed to National and Diocese Philoptochos, we support their many programs and needs with our annual monetary obligations.
- Community of St. George, Piscataway: Vasilopita, Lenten Luncheon, St. George Celebration, St. George Festival, Host the Coffee Hour during August, Visitations to Shut-Ins, Community Welcome Letter, Bone Marrow Drive, Community Christmas Card, Christmas and Easter Bread Sales, Host coffee hour following religious lectures in October, Provide a luncheon following the Orthodox Clergy meeting, Provide assistance through the Philoptochos Needy Cases Fund.
- Greater Communities of the Middlesex, Somerset and Hunterdon Counties: Cooking for the Homeless, Warming of America, Blankets for Babies with Aids, Samaritan Homeless Interim Program, Good News Home for Women in Flemington and Ronald McDonald House.
Philoptochos Fund Raisers Gift Matching and United Way Programs
The Ladies Philoptochos Society ‘St. Barbara’ asks that our St. George parishioners and friends consider participating in the following employee/employer programs:
- Employee Gift Matching. When you make a charitable donation to the Philoptochos and are employed by a major corporation with a Gift Matching program, please ask your employer for a Gift Matching form. Fill in the employee’s section and forward the form to the Philoptochos. The Philoptochos will complete the form and mail it to the proper gift matching department. By doing so, your corporations will match your charitable donation and send the money to the Philoptochos for their Needy Cases Fund.
- United Way. Your United Way payroll deduction may be given to the ‘St. George Needy Cases Fund’ which is a Philoptochos fund for helping those in need. It is very simple. All you have to do is contact your payroll office and request to have your contribution forwarded to the St. George Needy Cases Fund. Our United Way Reference Number is 032224. Many of our parishioners have already made these arrangements and you, too, may also consider having your United Way Payroll deduction forwarded to the Needy Cases Fund.
- Questions and Inquiries. If you have any questions on either Employee Gift Matching or United Way Donations or require additional information, you may contact Mary Boulegeris at 908-722-9640.
2016 Committee Members
Virginia Theokas – President
Maggie Stavrianidis – Vice President
Eleni Andronikou – Recording Secretary
Kanella Anastasatos – Corresponding Secretary
Georgia Kouridakis – Treasurer
Evangelia Manolakis – Assistant Treasurer